Sheridan’s OSLT Programs is a FREE work-oriented language and communication skills course for newcomers to Canada.
If you are internationally trained and experiencing communication barriers to finding appropriate work in Canada then OSLT can help you improve your employability by improving your workplace communication skills within your specific profession.
The OSLT Program provides:
- Workplace communication skills specific to your field of study
- Understanding of workplace culture in Ontario
- Communication skills to clearly and effectively interact with a variety of people in the workplace
- Develop strong interviewing, networking and career-building skills
To be eligible, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Canadian Status is one of the following:
- A Permanent Resident
- A Convention Refugee (Notice of Decision)
- Government Assisted Refugee (GAR)
- Privately Sponsored Refugee (PSR)
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) scores of 6
- Post-secondary degree or diploma
- Relevant work experience