OSLT Technology is a free intensive program for immigrant professionals who have training and/or experience as Engineering or Architectural Technologists or Technicians or IT specialists from outside Canada. This course provides the technical work-related language skills that you require to enter and be successful, in your profession in Canada. All OSLT graduates will earn a Humber certificate.
Job-search support, networking and mentoring opportunities are also available.
These courses will help you to:
- Develop strong interviewing, networking and career-building communication skills
- Understand and function effectively in the Canadian workplace
- Interact effectively with supervisors, colleagues, and clients
- Competently give and receive information by email and telephone
- Position yourself to get a job, through career assistance and job connections
- Increase your language proficiency for seeking admission into Bridging Programs
These courses are for you if:
- Your English is at an intermediate level (Canadian Language Benchmarks 6 to 8)
- You are a Permanent Resident or Protected Person
- You have training or experience in a relevant field of technology, sales and marketing, or entrepreneurship