Being a licensed electrician is one of the high-paying and in-demand skilled trade jobs in Canada. CPAC, in partnership with Centennial College, will run a Pre-Apprenticeship Electrician Training Program that helps newcomers and immigrant youth be prepared for working in the trade and start an electrician apprenticeship.
CPAC, in partnership with Centennial College, has been running a Pre-Apprenticeship Electrician Training Program that helps newcomers and immigrant youth be prepared for working in the trade and start an electrician apprenticeship.
- Primary trade: Level 1 Electrician Construction & Maintenance 309A
- Secondary trade: Fundamentals in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Trade communication, health & safety, & job readiness training
- Eight-week work placement
- Apprenticeship registration support
- All the above courses and services are free
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident status
- Canadian high-school diploma or a diploma/degree from a Canadian or
international college/university (credential assessment is required for
- CLB Level 5 for applicants with international credentials
- Commitment of 24 weeks of full-time training and work placement
2021 program schedule
As of May, 2020, no date had been scheduled for the program to start in 2021. In 2020, the program started on March 27th and ended in September. The application deadline was in early March, 2020.
For more information, click here.
For the program flyer, click here.
For a list of frequently asked questions, click here.