Being a licensed electrician is one of the high-paying and in-demand skilled trade jobs in Canada. CPAC, in partnership with Centennial College, will run a Pre-Apprenticeship Electrician Training Program that helps newcomers and immigrant youth be prepared for working in the trade and start an electrician apprenticeship.
CPAC, in partnership with Centennial College, has been running a Pre-Apprenticeship Electrician Training Program that helps newcomers and immigrant youth be prepared for working in the trade and start an electrician apprenticeship.
The program normally begins in March of each year and has run in 2016, 2017, and 2018. Funding for a 2019 program will hopefully be confirmed by late 2018. Early application is well advised, for those interested.
- Main Course – Building Electrical Junior Training (Building and Maintenance 309A)
- Sub-curricular courses – Basic courses in refrigerators and air conditioners
- Mechanic related communication training
- Industry safety and health training
- Eight-week internship opportunity
- Assist in applying for apprentice registration with the Ontario Technician Association
- All the above courses and services are free
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- Have a Canadian high-school diploma or a diploma/degree from a college/university in Canada or overseas
- Have language skills of CLB Level 5 for applicants with foreign credentials
- Able to commit to 24 weeks of full-time training and work placement
The given dates are only an approximation based on the previous year. Please visit the link below for more information regarding the exact application deadline and the start and end dates.