NOTE: This program is offered on an annual basis, but start dates change each year. The 2018 program began in June. The 2019 program is expected to start in September, 2019.
Led by Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA), PAIE is an innovative bridge training program that helps internationally-trained environmental professionals launch their careers in Engineering, Geoscience, Environmental Science and Planning. PAIE’s 1 year program empowers participants with an increased understanding of the local labour market. PAIE supports participants as they pursue their goals of obtaining employment and gaining the Canadian experience required for professional licensing and certifications.
To be eligible for the PAIE Program, applicants must meet the following minimum criteria:
Please note: we have a limited number of participants that can be accepted into the program and selection of Program Participants is a competitive process. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Applicants include Canadian citizens, permanent residents, convention refugees and refugee claimants who are eligible to work in Ontario
- No Canadian work experience (If in regulated profession -Engineering or Geoscience- then we accept less than 1 year work experience in Canada but you must not currently be employed in your field)
- Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Assessment at a minimum of Level 7 in all four skills areas (Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening) obtained within the last 12 months
- Must be internationally trained with minimum of an undergraduate degree obtained outside of Canada
- Job search goals must match area of specialization of international work experience
- Have a minimum of 3 years international work experience in and be targeting one of the specializations or sub-disciplines listed below
*Internationally trained individuals who have completed post-secondary education in Canada, temporary foreign workers, individuals without post-secondary credentials, international students and provincial nominees are NOT eligible for the program.
PAIE offers Participants:
- Employment and job search coaching
- Over 150 hours of professions-specific and soft skills training
- Access to a mentor in their field
- Post-hire and retention support from staff
- 400+ Participants served since 2006
- Over 150 Stakeholders supporting the program
- Strong partnerships in the community
- Skilled Candidates
- PAIE candidates bring an average of 10 years of professional experience. 75% hold a Master’s degree. Our candidates pass through a rigorous selection process and are meticulously chosen out of hundreds of applicants.
At PAIE we have over 10 years of experience supporting recruitment in geoscience, planning, environmental, and a range of engineering disciplines.
Our technical skills workshops, along with corporate culture and communication training, help internationally-trained candidates develop the business skills necessary to thrive in the labour market.