This course has been specifically designed to help prepare internationally educated medical radiological (x-ray) technologists for the national certification examination. In this intensive, fifteen (15) week course, you will review core theory components and obtain thorough preparation to write the CAMRT certification exam. This course integrates practical and didactic learning and consists of 11 modules.
Program at a glance:
- Program Length: 15 weeks
- Delivery Method: Part-time
- Start Date: January, 2021 (previous: January 11, 2020)
- Tuition: $5,000 + $250 (laboratory fees)
- Application Deadline: December, 2020 (last year: December 8, 2019)
Who is eligible?
Applicants to the BPRA800 bridging program must have the following Required Supporting Documents:
- Provide a copy of the letter Assessment (Decisions, Order and Reasons of the Registration Committee’) from the College of Medical Radiation Technologist of Ontario (CMRTO) which states that you are eligible to take the CAMRT licensing exam.
- Applicants, for whom English is a second language, must pass the Michener English Language Assessment (MELA). Provide the MELA test report as proof of English language proficiency. One must have a minimum score of 8 in all 4 components (Listening, Speaking, Writing and Reading) of the MELA test. Please note, other language tests including IELTS, TOEFL, CAN test or CLB, are not accepted. MELA is an entry requirement to the program. Please review our English Language Policy for exemptions.
- Applicants must be Canadian Residents (Landed Immigrant/Permanent Resident, Canadian Citizen or Refugee status) to be considered for enrollment to the program.
- Accepted/Enrolled students will also be required to submit the Health Immunizations requirements Bridging Entry Immunization-Requirement Form prior to the start of the program.
Eligible students who are approved for OBPAP funding may receive between 70-90 percent (%) of the total cost of the tuition. See the description of the “Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program” in our post on this website on Training programs in various occupations.
*$250.00 fees for laboratory supplies is an out of pocket expense and is not covered by the OBPAP Bursary.