Learn about sales and customer service in the retail industry!
Are you interested in working in the retail industry? If so, this certificate training from YWCA will give you a good start to success! This program is part of the YWCA Jump program for newcomer women, over the age of 13. The Retail Skills Certificate is an introductory, in-class, three-day series for newcomer women who are interested in working in the retail sector. Cash register training is also included. The sessions focus on developing the essential skills needed for working in retail sales in Canada.
Date: January 22-24, 2020 from 9:15am to 2:30pm
Location: Centre for Education and Training 690 Dorval Drive, Suite 100, Oakville, ON
In this training you will:
- Gain a better understanding of the retail sales sector in Canada
- Learn basic skills in customer service and operating a cash register
- Practice the necessary skills to work in a retail setting
- Improve your interpersonal and communication skills
- Benefit from a dynamic and interactive learning environment
- Learn to tailor your résumé
- Explore job opportunities in the retail industry
- Receive a certificate upon successful completion of workshops including a practical component
*Must attend all three days to earn the Certificate.
Note: Due to funding criteria we are unable to serve Canadian Citizens and Refugee Claimants.
For more information and to register, please contact YWCA at [email protected] or 416-964-3883 or Centre for Education and Training at 905-875-3851.
The program flyer can be found here.