COVID-19 update: This program will proceed on May 4, 2020, as scheduled. However, the Enhanced Language Training (ELT) program office is closed until May 4. Limited services are being provided by phone or email. For information or to register see below.
Enhanced Language Training helps internationally-trained newcomers improve their business English skills for the workplace and gain Canadian experience. This 14-week program includes an 8-week in-class training portion and the opportunity to obtain a 6-week work placement. Classes are taught by industry professionals and offer the opportunity to network, improve employability skills and use tools and equipment to facilitate learning.
This program is provided by Toronto District School Board (TDSB).
Classes are held from 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. The program is followed by 12 weeks of job development support to help participants with job search and interview participation.
- You are a Permanent Resident or Convention Refugee
- You have CLB level 6 or higher
- You have international experience, education or training in the selected program sector
- You are committed to a full-time 14-week program to find employment
Documents for registration:
- PR card / landing document / Convention Refugee document (notice of decision)
- Language assessment document
Pre-screening for suitability is required.
To apply, send an e-mail to [email protected], attaching your Resume and CLB Scores.
Class location: Online.