The Scarborough Centre for Employment Accessibility (SCEA) is a fully accessible, drop-in employment resource centre to assist job-ready individuals to prepare for employment or self-employment.
SCEA is open to all job seekers, including people with a disability, who are unemployed or under-employed, newcomers, Ontario Works, ODSP recipients, youth and adults. We offer access to a variety of specialized employment-related information, equipment, self-help resources, materials, and tools. All of our services are free.
The Scarborough Centre for Employment Accessibility is offering:
- Job and community information board
- Job search resources, and other job related information
- Computers with MS Offi ce and Internet access
- Phones, fax, and photocopier
- Job search workshops and computer training
- Special guest speakers and events
Additionally, the following accommodations are available for persons with disabilities:
- Assistive computer technologies such as Jaws, Zoom Text, Kurzweil,
- Dragon Naturally Speaking, Audio Notetaker, and Scan & Read
- Ergonomic computer chairs, hydraulic tables, and large screen monitors
- Sign Language Interpreters (available by appointment)
- Wheelchair accessibility
Workshops and Special Events
Please check the calendar on the link below.