Explore the idea of starting a business in Canada in this 2-day session. Participation is free but space is limited. Register today to reserve your spot.
Presented by Job Skills. Participation is free but space is limited. Register today to reserve your spot.
Phase I – 2-day sessions
- Find out if self-employment is right for you
- Learn about the legal forms of business ownership and how to register your business
- Licensing and regulations to start a business in Canada
- Financing Options for your business
- Business taxation
Note: Only those who have signed up for Phase I are eligible for Phase II.
Phase II – 2-day sessions
- Assess your business concept
- Learn how to conduct market research for your business
- Choosing the right sales channels for your business
- Ongoing support and individual coaching
Note: Upon completion, participants can move to Phase III.
Phase III – 5-weeks – 3 mornings/week
- Learn how to write a business plan
- Develop an effective marketing strategy
- Learn how to import/export commercial goods
- Group workshops delivered by industry experts
- Permanent Residents and applicants for Permanent Residence with a letter from IRCC informing them that their application for landing had been approved
- Convention Refugees
- Live-in Caregivers
- CLB Level 5 minimum