Heritage Skills Development Centre (HSDC) presents the Sewing & Fashion Design Training Program.
- If you want to:
- Acquire sewing skills
- Learn the Canadian Fashion Styles
- Become competitive in the Canadian Fashion Market?
- Are you unemployed or underemployed?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, contact HSDC to upgrade your Sewing & Fashion Design skills and learn the practical skills you need in just 10 weeks.
- Orientation and skills development training
- marker making
- sample cutting
- freehand cutting
- how to cut dresses using patterns
- spec sheet identification
- different equipment maintenance
- orientation and information section on Canadian Fashion Industry
- fashion and styles
- skills transfer and blending
- Fashion design – learn how to design blouses, dresses and children’s wear. Hands-on practice!
- Information on the Canadian Fashion Industry, trend and styles, job market and much more.
Some examples of job in demand
- Fashion Designer’s (Men, Women, and Children’s clothes)
- Sewing machine operators
- Patternmakers, textile, leather and fur products
- Retail fashion sales & customer service
- Embroidery and drapes
- Fashion accessories (hats, purse bags and belts)
- Teaching (illustration, pattern drafting)
- Knitting (by hand, machine and pattern drafting)
- Sewing decoration
- Baby clothing designs
- Start a small business, designing men, women and children clothes
- Get contract jobs and work from home
- Provide alteration services
- Provide fabric consultations/assistance
- Become an instructor or Fashion consultant
- Become an interior decoration consultant/advisor
All courses are designed and taught by industry professionals.