Covid-19 update: This program is continuing online for those who have a computer and Internet access.
Job Skills is pleased to announce that Simpact will be supporting unemployed women to explore new career options through its unique simulated work experience program.
Job Skills has received 3-year funding from the Ontario Trillium Foundation to assist women who need support to develop the skill needed to choose a career path that provides good job opportunities. This new focus on women will continue to build on the success the Practice Firm has had over the years, most recently supporting more than 300 internationally-trained individuals.
Simpact’s 10-week program will support unemployed women to explore various career options and gain hands-on work experience in a simulated work environment.
Why a Practice Firm?
- Practice Firms can provide real hands-on work experience in the following positions:
- Accounting – Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Purchasing
- Administrative Support and Reception
- Human Resources / Records Management
- Information Technology – Technical Support, LAN Administration and Web Design
- Sales / Marketing
- Graphic Design
- Participants will also receive:
- Specialized employment and job search workshops
- Financial literacy training
- Connections to employers and networking opportunities
- Mentorship Opportunities
- Ongoing job search support
Participants are selected through a hiring process, on a continuous intake basis. Participants are ‘hired’ for a maximum of 12 weeks (average stay is 8 weeks).
Women who are:
- between the age of 25 and 64
- A resident of York Region/Simcoe County
- Able to participate from 9 am – 3 pm, Monday – Friday for 10 weeks
Application process and start dates
Participants are able to join the program any week, on Mondays. It usually takes three to five business days for applications to be evaluated to ensure that there is a good fit with the program.