Covid-19 update: This program will be delivered online, if necessary.
Seneca College’s Faculty of Continuing Education in association with the Canadian Securities Institute, is now offering an accelerated Bridging Program for Internationally Trained Professionals with a background in Financial Services. This program is designed to help you enter into the financial labour market in the shortest time possible.
The program builds on the learner’s existing knowledge to prepare for career opportunities with employers in the financial sector, such as banks, credit card companies, insurance companies, investment funds, stock brokerages, consumer-finance companies, credit unions, accountancy companies, and some government-sponsored enterprises.
This Bridging Program is offered in an accelerated format and is 14 weeks in length. Upon successful completion, students will earn a Seneca College Statement of Recognition, and will have met the proficiency requirements to apply for the Mutual Fund Dealer – Dealing Representative License.
Who should apply?
This dynamic field will appeal to those with prior experience and education in the financial services. It will allow you to bridge your previous experience and establish a quick transition into the Canadian financial labour market.
- Industry-Developed Curriculum
- Highly Subsidized Tuition
- Financial Aid & OBPAP Bursary Options
- Opportunity for Professional Accreditation
- Accelerated Delivery Format
- Instructors are Leading Industry Professionals
- Job Search & Professional Skills Training
- Personalized Coaching from Expert Employment Consultants
- Opportunities to Secure Paid Employment
- Connections to Employers and Job Shadowing Opportunities
- Networking and Recruitment Events with Banks, Credit Unions and Financial Companies
- Opportunities for Formal and Informal Mentoring
- Mock Interviews and Informational Sessions with Industry Experts
APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED NOW AND SPACES ARE LIMITED TO ONLY 20 STUDENTS. APPLY TODAY!
- Relevant Degree and/or Diploma from an accredited institution outside of Canada
- Permanent Resident, Canadian Citizen, Convention Refugee, or Refugee claimant who is eligible to work in Ontario
- Presently unemployed or underemployed
To learn more:
Those interested in our bridging programs are welcome to attend our free information session. To register for an upcoming information session, please contact us at [email protected] or call 416-491-5050 ext.77337, or register online below.