Get your RED SEAL License; Find a job in your field.
Module 1: An employment preparation training course to get you ready for the workplace that includes: job search strategies, trade-specific language training, mentoring support, work experience placements, job search assistance.
Module 2: A Certificate of Qualification exam preparation course taught by qualified instructors at Humber College. It covers Canadian codes, rules and regulations, technical skills upgrading, exam strategies.
Post-exam support provided by Skills for Change:
- Individual Employment Counselling
- Connection to employers by placements and job leads
- Connection to unions
- Mentoring support.
This program is open to internationally trained professionals who:
- are Canadian Citizens, Landed Immigrants or Convention Refugees
- have a Grade 10 or equivalent education
- have 4-5 years of work experience in a related trade
- demonstrated English Language Proficiency (Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment)
The participant fee is $400. This is just a portion of the payment and the rest is paid by the government of Ontario. Material cost only ($100 – $200), Parking fees at Humber ($150.00), Examination Fees at MTCU ($150).