Transitions to Success is a free, five-month, full-time program for women seeking employment, and includes Microsoft Office 2016 Certification. Transitions to Success helps women improve their skills and confidence before returning to the workforce.
This program offers:
- Intensive computer training including intermediate MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Participants receive the International Computer Driving Licence (ICDL), an internationally recognized certificate in Microsoft Office 2016.
- Career workshops and trainings with business professionals.
- 4 week unpaid internship and 4 week paid internship (14$ per hour).
- Individual employment support from an Employment Advisor.
- One-on-one help with resume writing, cover letter, interview skills, and job search
- Money Management workshops and financial counseling.
- Case management and counseling support.
- Assistance to women fleeing violence
- Women 19+ who are looking for employment
- Minimum LINC/ESL level 6
- Legally entitled to work in Canada (valid work permit, if applicable)
- Able to attend program full-time (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm) for 20 weeks
- Able to arrange own childcare
- Have basic computer skills
- Not in full-time school or work