Find a mentor to help you reconnect with your career in Canada.
If you are an immigrant with a professional background, TRIEC Mentoring Partnership, in conjunction with JobStart, can help you reconnect with your career with the support of a mentor who works in your field, in Canada.
By talking to a mentor who shares your professional background and knows how the local labour market works, you can get a head start on your journey to success in Canada. In fact, 75% of participants find a job in their professional field within one year of completing the program.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- have lived in Canada for five years or less and have limited or no Canadian work experience in your profession OR have re-engaged with your profession through academic training or bridging within the past 2 years
- have the English skills required to perform effectively in the workplace (CLB 6 to 8)
- have at least two years of international work experience in his or her area of expertise
- have achieved at least a bachelor’s degree – or equivalent post-secondary education – from outside of Canada
- be eligible to work in Canada
- be currently unemployed or underemployed i.e. not working in the newcomer’s field of expertise
- be actively seeking work in the newcomer’s field
A mentor can help you:
- Understand Canadian industry trends
- Develop more effective job search strategies
- Build your professional network