Access Community Capital Fund is launching a new program, Women’s Business Accelerator, which empowers newcomer women to reach their potential. In the Scarborough satellite office, the program will provide opportunities for women to develop their business ideas through a hands-on training program. Participants will learn all the components of running a successful business such as business plan development, marketing, and financial planning and management.
The start date of this program was changed from the original Nov. 18, 2019, to Nov. 25, 2019.
During the program participants will:
- Develop their ideas and prepare a business plan
- Receive one-on-one business coaching
- Network with other entrepreneurs and industry professionals
- Participate in a pitch competition
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will have the opportunity to apply for an affordable ACCESS loan to help bring their idea to life.
Child minding and transportation support provided to clients.
Applicant eligibility criteria:
- Be a Permanent Resident or Convention Refugee or Live-in Caregiver with a legal right to work in Canada
- Must have a business idea or be interested in starting a business in Canada
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria will be invited for an in-person interview with a representative from Access Community Capital Fund. During this time, verification of immigration status (PR card, Notice of Decision), and proof of address (utility bill, phone bill etc.) will be required.
If you have any questions or require assistance in completing the application form, please contact us at [email protected] or call (416) 462-0496.