Women’s Business Accelerator (WBA) Program, a workshop series for newcomer women interested in starting a business in Canada, is now recruiting for the second cohort starting January 20, 2020. This program is organized by Access Community Capital Fund. The program provides opportunities for women to develop their business ideas through a hands-on training program. Participants will learn all the components of running a successful business, including planning, marketing, and financing and management.
During the program participants will:
- Develop their ideas and prepare a business plan;
- Receive one-on-one business coaching;
- Network with other entrepreneurs and industry professionals; and
- Participate in a pitch competition.
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will have the opportunity to apply for an affordable ACCESS loan to help bring their idea to life.
Childminding and transportation support provided to clients.
- Be a Permanent Resident or Convention Refugee or Live-in Caregiver with a legal right to work in Canada
- Must have a business idea or be interested in starting a business in Canada
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria will be invited for an in-person interview with a representative from Access Community Capital Fund. During this time, verification of immigration status (PR card, Notice of Decision), and proof of address (utility bill, phone bill etc.) will be required.
- Where: Dorset Park Hub office, 1911 Kennedy Road, Unit 105, Scarborough ON M1P 2L9
- When: January 20, 2020 (Mondays and Wednesdays)
- Time: 6:00pm-8:00pm
If you have any questions or require assistance in completing the application form, please contact ACCESS Community Capital Fund at [email protected] or call (416) 462-0496.
Program flyer can be found here.