COVID-19 update: This program, originally scheduled to start on March 30th, will now begin April 20th and be offered online.
Women’s Business Accelerator (WBA) Program, a workshop series for newcomer women interested in starting a business in Canada, is now recruiting for the third cohort starting April 20, 2020. This program is organized by Access Community Capital Fund. The program provides opportunities for women to develop their business ideas through a hands-on training program. Participants will learn all the components of running a successful business, including planning, marketing, and financing and management.
During the program participants will:
- Develop their ideas and prepare a business plan;
- Receive one-on-one business coaching;
- Network with other entrepreneurs and industry professionals; and
- Participate in a pitch competition for a chance to win $500
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will have the opportunity to apply for an affordable ACCESS loan to help bring their idea to life.
Childminding and transportation support provided to clients.
- Be a Permanent Resident or Convention Refugee or Live-in Caregiver with a legal right to work in Canada
- Must have a business idea or be interested in starting a business in Canada.
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria will be invited for an in-person interview with a representative from Access Community Capital Fund. During this time, verification of immigration status (PR card, Notice of Decision), and proof of address (utility bill, phone bill etc.) will be required.
- Where: Online
- When: Apr 20, 2020 – Jun 8, 2020 (Mondays and Wednesdays)
- Time: 6:00pm-8:30pm
If you have any questions or require assistance in completing the application form, please contact ACCESS Community Capital Fund at [email protected] or call (416) 462-0496.
Program flyer can be found here.