Covid-19 update: This program had been scheduled for an April, 2020 planned start date. We shall continue to monitor the program to find out when it will next be offered, either online or in classroom.
Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers, provided by George Brown College.
This practical and innovative course will help you:
- understand business, accounting and financial workplaces in Ontario.
- interact effectively with customers, colleagues, suppliers, financial officers and government officials.
- network and connect with local employers and employment resources.
- learn how to use your workplace communication training in a variety of business and financial settings.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in accounting and finance will help you:
- practice common on-the-job communication to improve your workplace language skills.
- develop strong interviewing, networking and career-building communication skills.
Workplace Communication Skills for Accounting and Finance is for you if:
- you have training or experience in accounting or finance.
- your English is at an intermediate level (Canadian Language Benchmarks 6 to 8).
- you are a permanent resident of Canada or a protected person.