This program has been postponed from an April, 2020 planned start date, due to the COVID-19 epidemic. The program may be re-scheduled, once social distancing precautions are no longer deemed necessary.
Participate in FREE work-oriented language training for newcomers, provided by George Brown College.
This practical and innovative course will help you:
- understand business, accounting and financial workplaces in Ontario.
- interact effectively with customers, colleagues, suppliers, financial officers and government officials.
- network and connect with local employers and employment resources.
- learn how to use your workplace communication training in a variety of business and financial settings.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in accounting and finance will help you:
- practice common on-the-job communication to improve your workplace language skills.
- develop strong interviewing, networking and career-building communication skills.
Workplace Communication Skills for Accounting and Finance is for you if:
- you have training or experience in accounting or finance.
- your English is at an intermediate level (Canadian Language Benchmarks 6 to 8).
- you are a permanent resident of Canada or a protected person.