Centennial College’s School of Advancement is offering newcomers a chance to enhance their career skills with the introduction of the Occupation-specific Language Training (OSLT) course for Inter-professional Healthcare Teams.
The OSLT for Inter-Professional Healthcare Teams course focuses on:
- Improving listening and speaking skills for healthcare professionals;
- Learning about typical interactions in a healthcare team setting, practicing similar interactions in the classroom;
- Practicing client centred care, collaborative leadership and documentation;
- Summarizing information and related resources for further research;
- Enhancing career-building skills that include interviewing, targeted resumes and networking.
This course is for you if:
- You have related training or experience as a dietitian, nurse, occupational therapist, physiotherapist or social worker
- Your English is at an intermediate level Canadian Language Benchmarks (7 to 8)
- You are a permanent resident or protected person