Covid-19 update: Due to unavoidable circumstances, this health care course originally scheduled to begin on May 25, 2020, has been cancelled. Centennial College will be offering OSLT free courses from Sept. 10 the in the fall.
Centennial College’s School of Advancement is offering newcomers a chance to enhance their career skills with the introduction of the Occupation-specific Language Training (OSLT) course for Inter-professional Healthcare Teams.
The OSLT for Inter-Professional Healthcare Teams course focuses on:
- Improving listening and speaking skills for healthcare professionals;
- Learning about typical interactions in a healthcare team setting, practicing similar interactions in the classroom;
- Practicing client centred care, collaborative leadership and documentation;
- Summarizing information and related resources for further research;
- Enhancing career-building skills that include interviewing, targeted resumes and networking.
This course is for you if:
- You have related training or experience as a dietitian, nurse, occupational therapist, physiotherapist or social worker
- Your English is at an intermediate level Canadian Language Benchmarks (7 to 8)
- You are a permanent resident or protected person