As of March 13, 2020, the following programs will no longer be available at Sheridan:
- Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC)
- Occupation Specific Language Training (OSLT)
- Enhanced Language Training (ELT)
However, you may be interested in these Sheridan programs:
- Academic Upgrading
- English Language Studies (ESL)
- Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees
If you’re looking specifically for LINC, OSLT or ELT programs, please visit the Language Assessment Centre operated by the Centre for Education and Training.
Sheridan’s OSLT Programs is a FREE work-oriented language and communication skills course for newcomers to Canada.
This practical and innovative course will help you
- understand management within business and technology workplaces in Ontario.
- interact effectively with staff, colleagues, upper levels of management.
- network and connect with employers and employment resources.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in management will help you
- practise common on-the-job communication to improve your workplace language skills.
- develop strong networking and career-building communication skills.
Workplace Communication Skills for Professional Managers is for you if:
- you have training or experience in a manager in business or technology environments.
- your English is at an intermediate level (Canadian Language Benchmarks 7 to 8).
- you are a permanent resident of Canada or protected person.