As of March 13, 2020, the following programs will no longer be available at Sheridan:
- Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC)
- Occupation Specific Language Training (OSLT)
- Enhanced Language Training (ELT)
However, you may be interested in these Sheridan programs:
- Academic Upgrading
- English Language Studies (ESL)
- Pre-Health Sciences Pathway to Advanced Diplomas and Degrees
If you’re looking specifically for LINC, OSLT or ELT programs, please visit the Language Assessment Centre operated by the Centre for Education and Training.
Sheridan’s OSLT Programs is a FREE work-oriented language and communication skills course for newcomers to Canada.
This practical and innovative course will help you:
- understand business workplaces in Ontario.
- interact effectively with clients, team members, colleagues, and suppliers.
- network and connect with local employers and employment resources.
- learn how to use your workplace communication training in a variety of business and project management settings.
Small-group exercises based on everyday communication tasks in project management will help you
- practise common on-the-job communication to improve your workplace language skills.
- develop strong interviewing, networking and career-building communication skills.
Workplace Communication Skills for Project Management is for you if
- you have training or experience in project management.
- your English is at an intermediate level (Canadian Language Benchmarks 6 to 8).
- you are a permanent resident of Canada or a protected person.