Workplace Communication in Canada (WCC) Program provides exceptional intercultural communication and soft skills training. The WCC program helps professionals in the Canadian workplace to enhance awareness and understanding of cultural differences in communication. This can result in better utilization of diverse talent and increased productivity for today’s global workplace. To learn more watch the WCC Program’s introductory video.
Students are eligible for financial coverage through The Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program (OBPAP) Bursary. The Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program (OBPAP) is a one-time bursary of up to $5,000 available to internationally trained professionals with financial need, to cover tuition, books and equipment costs.
Courses Offered (4 of the 5 are required):
- Introduction to Interpersonal Communication
- Effective Speaking and Listening
- Client-Centred Communication
- Presenting with Impact
- Teamwork Communication
Benefits to participants include:
- Regained self-confidence in the workplace
- Improved culture-based soft skills and professional communication skills within the context of the Canadian workplace
- Improved personal effectiveness in the workplace and a more satisfying work environment
- Access to mentoring and coaching by experienced professionals
- Increased potential for entering into profession-specific bridging programs offered through The Chang School of Continuing Education Gateway for International Professionals (Ryerson University)
Application deadline and next session
The program was previously offered on almost a monthly basis. However, this has changed and the next session is expected to begin in February or March, 2021, with the hope that the Government of Ontario will continue to make OBPAP bursaries available, to cover the cost of participation. with applications likely being accepted in January, 2021. (The exact application deadline is subject to confirmation.)