This program has been rescheduled to April 25 from the March 21, 2020 planned start date, due to the COVID-19 virus epidemic. However, applications should be submitted by Friday, March 20th, for student funding support.
Workplace Communication in Canada (WCC) Program provides exceptional intercultural communication and soft skills training. The WCC program helps professionals in the Canadian workplace to enhance awareness and understanding of cultural differences in communication. This can result in better utilization of diverse talent and increased productivity for today’s global workplace. To learn more watch the WCC Program’s introductory video.
Students are eligible for financial coverage through The Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program (OBPAP) Bursary. The Ontario Bridging Participant Assistance Program (OBPAP) is a one-time bursary of up to $5,000 available to internationally trained professionals with financial need, to cover tuition, books and equipment costs.
- Introduction to Intercultural Communication
- Effective Speaking and Listening
- Client-Centred Communication
- Presenting with Impact
- Teamwork Communication
Benefits to participants include:
- Regained self-confidence in the workplace
- Improved culture-based soft skills and professional communication skills within the context of the Canadian workplace
- Improved personal effectiveness in the workplace and a more satisfying work environment
- Access to mentoring and coaching by experienced professionals
- Increased potential for entering into profession-specific bridging programs offered through The Chang School of Continuing Education Gateway for International Professionals (Ryerson University)
The program is offered on almost a monthly basis. The application deadline is generally two weeks before the start date.