Youth Job Connection, provided by Centre for Education & Training, is a set of services designed to assist youth between the ages of 15-29 who face multiple or serious barriers to their employment. The program provides access to employability and employment skills and provides education/training and work experiences for youth participants.
There is no rigid benchmark for English language proficiency to enter into this program. However, CLB 4 may indicate the level required, in order to participate with other students in workshops and to be hired by employers.
Participants will receive:
- Assessment and career development to assist youth to increase their knowledge of job and career options, the job market and themselves
- Opportunities to develop their employability skills
- Training and work experience to increase job readiness
- Support for transition into employment and or training and education during or after the program
- Paid pre-employment training
- Job matching, placements with employers and wage subsidies
- Mentoring and work transition support.
- The Employing young talent incentive